Think Progress » McCain Attacks Blogosphere: "McCain Attacks Blogosphere
In 2000, John McCain called Rev. Jerry Falwell an “agent of intolerance.” Yesterday, in a naked attempt to broaden his political base, McCain delivered the commencement speech at Falwell’s Liberty University.
McCain’s hypocrisy was noted on many blogs. He returned the favor in his speech at Liberty by attacking the blogosphere:
When I was a young man, I was quite infatuated with self-expression, and rightly so because, if memory conveniently serves, I was so much more eloquent, well-informed, and wiser than anyone else I knew. It seemed I understood the world and the purpose of life so much more profoundly than most people. I believed that to be especially true with many of my elders, people whose only accomplishment, as far as I could tell, was that they had been born before me, and, consequently, had suffered some number of years deprived of my insights…It’s a pity that there wasn’t a blogosphere then. I would have felt very much at home in the medium.
Oh, so McCain is always right – the problem is that we’re bloggers so we’re too impressed with ourselves to understand. If you are reading this, you are part of the blogosphere too, so you won’t understand McCain’s genius either. "
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Think Progress » McCain Attacks Blogosphere
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have been seeing quite a bit of the "US Navy Map of the Future" since the Japan earthquake and tsunami. Does anyone actu...
-
Project Superman: Andy Pero This, to me, is one of the more facinating stories to come out of Montauk. Mainly because a lot of what he said ...
-
And while we are talking about movies, here's another upcoming film called " The Fourth Kind ". The film is directed by O...
-
Since Paul Bennewitz introduced the story of the Dulce Base, the conspiracy theories have grown, and have flourished on the World Wide We...
-
Natural News has reported this..... Homeschooling Banned in California as State Turns Parents Into Criminals for Teaching Their Own Children...
-
Okay, if this is a joke, hoax, photo shopped etc.... Will someone please tell me? If looks legitimate to me, but my digging around is a bit ...
-
Here we go again, it looks like Stephenville/Dublin Texas is having another UFO flap. They still call them flaps don't they? Anyway, the...
-
Privacy Policy for http://conspiracycom.blogspot.com/ If you require any more information or have any questions about our privacy policy, pl...
-
Utsuro-bune is interesting because it's generally considered folklore. But when you look at it, it sounds like a close encounter of ...
-
Even before the famed Kenneth Arnold sighting or even the Roswell crash, the skies over the Earth were lighting up. For instance, the Scand...
No comments:
Post a Comment