Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Mothman Movie Coming Out

Ooooo...talk about synchronicity.....
During my month long hiatus (sorry about that by the way) I watched "The Mothman Prophecies" with Richard Gere finally.
Okay, it's very different from the book, but it was interesting just the same.
Well today I find out that there is a new documentary called "Dark Wings: The Mothman Chronicle", directed by Charles McCracken.
In the documentary, they recreate the Mothman using CGI.
You can see a lot more about the film at their website here:
http://www.blackriverfilms.com/

And you can see the trailer here:
Dark Wings - The Mothman Chronicle Trailer


Mothman has interested me since I first read about him back in the 70s in John Keel's book.
Keel has some interesting theories on paranormal phenomena and I really enjoyed the book.
I may not agree with everything, but I always like contrasting opinions.

One thing I find interesting is that Point Pleasant isn't the only place Mothman has allegedly turned up.
There were even reports of a similar creature before the Chernobyl disaster.
And there have been reports that a Mothman like creature was seen in Mexico before the outbreak of the Swine Flu.
And I have seen at least one theory that the creature is really the Garuda, a large mythical bird or bird-like creature that appears in Hindu and Buddhist mythology.
The book's original title was "The Year of the Garuda".

2 comments:

travisshortt said...

My name is Travis Shortt and I am one of two producers on the Dark Wings documentary. The film will premiere at this year's Mothman Festival on Thursday, September 17 at 8 PM in Point Pleasant, WV. A limited number of advance DVD copies will be available during the festival. The DVD will be available to the general public on Tuesday 9/22/09. For more information visit www.blackriverfilms.com

SabrebIade said...

Thanks for all the info Travis and thanks for stopping by!
Feel free to add anything about the film you would like.

Popular Posts