Thursday, January 25, 2007

Think Progress » McCain Attacks Blogosphere

Think Progress » McCain Attacks Blogosphere: "McCain Attacks Blogosphere
In 2000, John McCain called Rev. Jerry Falwell an “agent of intolerance.” Yesterday, in a naked attempt to broaden his political base, McCain delivered the commencement speech at Falwell’s Liberty University.
McCain’s hypocrisy was noted on many blogs. He returned the favor in his speech at Liberty by attacking the blogosphere:
When I was a young man, I was quite infatuated with self-expression, and rightly so because, if memory conveniently serves, I was so much more eloquent, well-informed, and wiser than anyone else I knew. It seemed I understood the world and the purpose of life so much more profoundly than most people. I believed that to be especially true with many of my elders, people whose only accomplishment, as far as I could tell, was that they had been born before me, and, consequently, had suffered some number of years deprived of my insights…It’s a pity that there wasn’t a blogosphere then. I would have felt very much at home in the medium.
Oh, so McCain is always right – the problem is that we’re bloggers so we’re too impressed with ourselves to understand. If you are reading this, you are part of the blogosphere too, so you won’t understand McCain’s genius either. "

No comments:

Popular Posts